(keitai-l) Re: 3d displays

From: Arnold P. Siboro <arnold_at_siboro.com>
Date: 11/21/02
BTW, as a long time resident of Japan, I am always flabbergasted when
reading foreign news covering and praising i-mode all the time, as if it
is the best and all are nothing compared to it. They all may talk about
technology and business, but from users' perspective, i-mode is a lot
worse. My au phone is always covered better, delivers clearer voice,
delivers longer mail, delivers more varied attachment etc. And my j-phone
friends always have better ring tones then i-mode, has always had
picture and movie mail.. etc. while i-mode users always has less
attractive features, are less covered (weak signal to every places where
i live in kyushu, it seems that docomo is only strong in big cities like
tokyo) and because of too many users and too weak infrastructur emails
arrive out of order and always late.

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:25:12 +0000
"Ken Chang" <kench@hotmail.com> wrote:

> among Japanese, DoCoMo's i-mode is called "ippatsuya" which means
> a sudden success with nothing to follow after the service launch
> in February 1999.
>
> I know of no good idea or strategic planning by Natsuno.  he's been
> wasting time and fortune of the company for the last several years,
> for both the PDC and FOMA services.
>
> Natsuno and the president Tachikawa are finger pointed by many from
> both inside and outside DoCoMo for a long string of failures,
> both domestic and abroad, and regret the company won't fire them.

Arnold P. Siboro (arnold@siboro.com)
Siboro, Inc.
http://www.siboro.com

This message was transmitted on 100% recycled electrons