(keitai-l) Game...

From: Ben Sawyer <bsawyer_at_dmill.com>
Date: 11/22/02
Please reply off-list to bsawyer@dmill.com to the following...

I have a potential project with a non-profit that would like to publish
or provide a link to an imode/brew or J2ME game as part of its kids
site.  The organization is building a site it expects to reach students
in Korea, Japan and other Asian countries and alongside their Flash and
HTML game offerings there was hope of making some sort of cellphone game
that they could tell kids about who had J2ME, imode or Brew capable
phones.  This is exciting because this would be one of the first times I
saw an organization like this begin to reach out for cellphone content
as part of their traditional kids Web efforts.

The type of game we're looking for would be something simple and
hopefully quasi educational.  The organization deals mostly with issues
of an economic nature so perhaps a trading game, a geographic quiz game,
or something like that.  Unfortunately there is little or no money
available for this part of the project but some promotional goodwill
should result so this is nice opportunity for a prebuilt game from a
small development shop that is looking to add a client to their
background, or a larger company looking to add a new case study or
example as to the use of their wares by non-game organizations.

Any interested party or people who might point me in the right direction
just email me offlist.

Thanks to everyone in advance,

- Ben Sawyer