(keitai-l) Re: RE : French i-mode: MFi2?

From: Paul Lester <paul.lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/28/02
Off the top of my head, the allowed frequencies on MFi-2 (the format),
phones may have hacks to extend it depending on the hardware used
is 45-103 for MFi-1 and 21-127 for MFi2.

    For instance in Japan, there's probably a way to hack the N502 to
have more, and by experiment, the F503 even though it should be able
to do the full range, it flunks on high notes.

The numbers refer to the number used in MIDI to represent notes.
As a note A1, A2 etc mean different things in different sequencers,
I will not give my version of that.

  If no one else answers and I have some time I can give you the
converted frequencies ( in Hz).  Its a simple formula.

    As for the documentation its mostly proprietary, you have to
experiment to figure out parts of it.  But there are pages in Japanese
that ignore that its proprietary and list alot of the info.  And some
of the info on the formats is made public if you go around a bit.