(keitai-l) Re: cdma2000 1x vs W-CDMA

From: wimjam <wimjam_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 12/02/02
 What would make the difference between J-Phone and Docomos FOMA? They are
both based on W-CDMA, the Docomo being a bit prestandard, but a network
update should put the system in line (I am sure they thought about that
one).
Currently they are the only one with a launched network,...(being limited in
coverage), but the wealth this provides in terms of management and control
of3G networks is enormous.
Vodafone will have to go through the same learning curve as Docomos using a
multivendor environment. Inevitably they will run into problems (as new
technology always does).
Too me, it doesnt make sense to say why Jphone will beat Foma, as Docomo
doeshave the first mover advantage and looking at any network rollout (GSM,
...), if they can keep up the pace they should be able to craft themselves a
very nice sweet spot in the 3G world.

Ken Chang wrote:
Well, mostly because they need bandwidth and they've run out of capacity...
And FOMA will, eventually, allow them to provide a wide range of services.