(keitai-l) Re: OT: Telco powered Products (TM)

From: cfb <cfb_at_nirai.ne.jp>
Date: 12/08/02
Ben Hutchings wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 09:50:26AM +0900, Juergen Specht wrote:
> >
> > Now that's funny...your "free" power source...your Telco!
> > It even powers your, uhm, Keitai and other joy spending devices:
> >
> > http://www.sandman.com/telco.html
>
> I really hope this is a joke....
>
> I looked up the numbered patent and it turns out to be "Amusement
> device for a toilet bowl or urinal" (essentially, some kind of
> audio-visual feedback to encourage drunk men to piss in the proper
> receptacle).

Putting a hot line on the metal drain ring (and using plastic pipe to
connect to the plumming) usually keeps the drunks from peeing in the
sinks...  beyond that, you're usually asking for a lot.

...and his Telco-Powered "Glow in the Dark Vibrator" brings new
meaning to "getting screwed by your telco".  Don't those things
usually run off of batteries?  Jezz... they must have some really
long power outages or a generally over-sexed populous.

On a serious note, I recently fixed an international remote support
connectivity (modem dial-up) problem by converting a telephone line
(which crossed regulatory boundaries involving slightly different line
voltages) by converting the line from analog to ISDN... which makes
"telco-powered" devices out of the question when the power goes out.