(keitai-l) Re: transferring photos to a PC

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 01/06/03
for au/KDDI cdma handsets, the MySync by Casio is the recommended
tool for phone books, schedules, and data files (as long as they
are not copy right protected).  it's JPY 4,700 with a cable.
http://www.au.kddi.com/mobile/mysync/mysync.html
http://leche.goodcrew.ne.jp/mysync/

"keikai-denwa" comes with richer functions for JPY 9,800.
http://www.sourcenext.com/keikai/

"keitai-bannou" is advertised on TV and can be found in many shops
http://www.ssitristar.com/bannou/

"keitai.link" is probably the best for data files (as I'm told)
http://www.ktlink.jp/

"keitai.eddy" is another tool which I don't know much
http://www.incrementp.co.jp/pc/eddy/

there are many problems for each handset that can make things
wrong.  but often they are small issues like file size, format,
coding, etc.  so be patient.  I don't think it's easy to get all
the interfaces to write your own program, anyone please tell me
if you know some tricks.

for memory cards, I think J-Phone's SH-51/52 support more data file
formats and can be used more easily than au or DoCoMo handsets.

cheers,

Ken