(keitai-l) Re: Javascript Use etc...

From: Tracey Northcott <tracey_at_enfour.co.jp>
Date: 01/13/03
Hi Mark,

>hope this isn't too easy a Q..with I-Mode not supporting Javascript,
>correct, yes..? How do you instruct the client's browser to load the correct
>image, based upon the users provider..? In plain English, if user's phone is
>an i-mode, load this image, else, if user's phone is J-Phone load this one
>etc..cheers

It is quite easy to do but you need to understand the phone UID system.
Basically you can see from the UID what type of phone (carrier/brand) is
accessing content and you push the correct content to them.  We do this
for our site when sending correct emoji etc but also correct the content
for word wrapping as different phones have different numbers of
characters per line etc.  But also we can set user preferences as well
such as whether they want to have large graphics, kana rather than romaji etc.

We also lock the site for people trying to access from a regular browser.

However, I think you need to be an official provider to get the system.
So, I am not able to tell you how it is actually done but I hope that the
above answers some of your questions.

Tracey

=================================
Tracey Northcott