(keitai-l) Re: e-mail magazines and mobile/radio

From: Funk <funk_at_rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 02/03/03
>There is a huge amount of experimentation going on in the
>area of combining media - in my opinion MUCH more than
>in Europe.
I agree with Gerhard. here are some other examples
phones as point and membership cards: read bar codes (one way
communication) or use infrared port with i-appli
 for two-way communication
update retail outlet's customer's mail addresses with insertion of Xnavi
into one phone port (for uploading software), which activates mail function
phones for exchange of business cards and control of printers (for
downloading info in airports) and karaoke boxes with infrared function
phones and magazines: read URLs with camera for fast access to mobile
shopping site
phones and TVs: infrared port for use of phone as remote control and
two-way communication with W-LAN or bluetooth (e.g., download URL
concerning program)
phones as tickets and money with bar codes or with smart card functions in phone
cheers,
jeff funk