(keitai-l) Re: the most popular search engines for imode ?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/07/03
thinking about this again: maybe the most used "search sites"
are the various magazines in the newspaper racks...

I don't know if Romain's consultancy is in Japan or not.
We recently did a focus group research on different user
groups (students, unemployed, lawyers, financial industry,
investment bankers etc) about some particular mobile internet
usage aspects for one of our company's customers:
actual mobile internet usage in Japan is often different
than one expects...

Gerhard

Funk wrote:
> I have interviewed a number of the firms that offer portals and search
> engines in the japanese mobile internet. the most successful search engines
> are Oh New (digital street), girls walker (xavel), and Yahoo! Japan.

>>I am presently working for a computer science consulting firm, and
>>i need the list of the most popular search engine for imode.
>>
>>It would be great if you were able to send me the 20 search engines wich are the
>>most used with the percentage of use and the source of your information.
>>
>>Thank you very much
>>
>>sincerely yours
>>
>>romain DORSEMAINE
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html