(keitai-l) Re: interesting observation on carriers' market share

From: Philip Greenan <pgreenan_at_network365.com>
Date: 02/11/03
I was at the same Foma promotion in Shibuya, and agree with your
comments on the quality of the Foma Phone to Foma Phone video call -
even the voice quality was really bad.

I was with a visiting-Japan American, and the two of us were trying the
Foma services, and asking lots of questions - he did like the idea of
being able to record a video clip, and and then e-mail it - particularly
for simple urgent messages he felt it was a
very useful app - on the move he could send a sharp visual reminder to
staff  "your sales forcast hasn`t arrived yet, I want it within 3 hours
!!!" - which is clearly much handier, when rushing through a station
like say Shibuya, to do, than type a message into a phone, and then e-mail.
Receipients would need a Foma phone to receive and view the video clip,
but it could also be viewed on a PC  - FOMA video player  is
downloadable from:

http://www.digitalnetworks.philips.com/InformationCenter/Global/FArticleSummary.asp?lNodeId=764&channel=764&channelId=N764A2175

which is frequently where receipients would want to see it anyway.

Philip Greenan