(keitai-l) Emoji munged in mail transport?

From: Joseph Luk <joe_at_josephluk.com>
Date: 02/25/03
Hi all,

I recently started forwarding my DoCoMo mail through a homebrew proxy
server, which works great ... problem is that the emoji don't come
through.  They all get turned into hex 0x22 0x2e characters somewhere
in the path.

Anybody have experience with losing and recovering emoji with DoCoMo
mail?  Is it the case that:

- Does DoCoMo simply munge all the emoji when sending to a non-DoCoMo
destination?
- Is there something on my mail server that prevets me from receiving
emoji (anti-spam software perhaps, or the configuration of the
particular MTA)?

The server runs Linux and otherwise handles Shift-JIS encoded mail just
fine.

Sorry if this is a FAQ ... couldn't find an answer in the archives
anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any answers or advice!!

Cheers,
Joe