(keitai-l) Re: Emoji munged in mail transport?

From: Joseph Luk <joe_at_josephluk.com>
Date: 02/25/03
Thanks for the quick reply, Nik!

Sorry, I should have said that I'm not trying to display the emoji on a
PC (as you mentioned, Enfour has a product for that) ... rather a setup
such as:

i-Mode phone --> forwarding server --> i-Mode phone

In this path, the emoji each get transformed into the same junk
character, and the receiver simply sees that character where the emoji
should be.

It doesn't make sense because all the forwarding server is doing is
passing along the E-mail with the same text-encoding, etc. tags.

The Y1,000,000 question is therefore:

** "Has anybody successfully received an E-mail with emoji from an
i-Mode phone, on a server outside of DoCoMo?"

That would answer the question of whether I should be looking for
problems in my mail server, or just give up because DoCoMo doesn't send
out emoji codes...

Again, thanks in advance everybody!

Cheers,
Joe