(keitai-l) Re: foreign calls

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 02/25/03
>What is the cheapest way to make a phonecall from a (Jp) keitai to a
>foreign country?

there are many kinds of scratch cards, JPY 3,000 or 5,000, sold at
a discount rate, for international calls - local calls at both ends
and IP in the middle.

I know there are KDDI SuperWorld card, MCI/BOSS card, Vegas card,
DACOM Good card, and many cards by small Korean & Chinese companies.
The Korean DACOM Good card is said good for keitai.  The prices
depend on which country you call, think around 1,000 - 1,500 yen/hr.

I call from PC mostly.  check with your ISP, eAccess and Fusion for
business.  if the other end is also a PC with broadband access,
you can at least use Yahoo messenger transceiver phone for free.

the 050 IP phone service is around the corner and maybe someone
here have already seen the new Wi-Fi IP phone prototypes.  they are
amazingly cheap, hope it won't drag down our income at the same time.

cheers,

Ken