(keitai-l) Re: moblogging

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 02/26/03
> I think its something that will definitely extend past the foreigner with
> the deep pocket.  Have you ever looked at how much data is transferred due
> to those deai sites?  Obviously people are willing to send heaps of data
> back and forth on the network and not worry too much about the bill.

That's a different target than blogging...do you blog because you
want to date?

Here is a typical Japanese "blog", it's actually a diary on a diary
server:
http://www3.diary.ne.jp/user/303283/

The differences between the (US?) definition of blogs and the Japanese
version is quite big. (US) Blogs are all about links to things they
found here and there (e.g. I found this link and like to share it).
Japanese Diaries are all about the people who actually write about
themselves (e.g. Today I ate a melon...has a melon a live? Did I
killed this melon by eating it?) and normally lack links. It's very
much a personal diary, not a Blog with the emphasis on "personal".

So if I add this function I definitely want to satisfy Japanese
taste first and this is maybe not what you have in mind.

> If you already have something in place, can I test it out on
> www.photokyo.com ? I have AU, and my server is Win2K. What did you
> write it in?

It's a service. You can syndicate (hey, it's not there yet!) your
own Blog/Diary on your site.

If you (or somebody) brings me 10 interested Japanese who want
this function, we will add it with all the requirements they
want to have.

And if you want to test what we have now and promise me lots
of feedback, I send you the link in private mail.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/