(keitai-l) Re: [ham] Re: moblogging

From: Stuart Woodward <stuart_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/28/03
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:38:11 +0900
"Christian Anderson" <chris@jobdragon.com> wrote:

> What are you using to post to your blog?  I installed movable type today,
> because there were some tools available to allow email updates, handle
> attachments etc, but of course my web host doesn't support python or qmail
> (>_<)

Ahem. I refer you to my last message in which I wrote:

-----
I wrote a Python script to unpack images from my Au phone, copy them to
a public folder on my webserver and to post a message to my blog with
the image included in it. It was pretty [easy to] do, I'm sure there are
going to be a plethora of free and commercial software to do this soon.

Joi Ito has published his script which does the same:
http://joi.ito.com/archives/src/mail2entry-2002-12-25.tgz

More links can be found on his Moblogging Resources page:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0114939/outlines/moblog.html
-----

> Are you emailing things to a special email address on your server, and then
> having it posted automatically to your blog?

Yes.

> Are you using something like  movable type, or did you build it all yourself?

I use LiveJournal for my Journal (i.e what I am doing), which I post to
from my phone and Moveable Type for my tech Journal which consists of
annotated bookmarks on tech stuff.

> I was going to go ahead and
> build one myself, but plunged into movable type today to see how it would
> work.  Might end up doing it myself, as it would just integrate better with
> my whole site.

Maybe we should move this over to the "Japan Bloggers list",