(keitai-l) e-plus: Wap2.0 compatible to i-mode!

From: <grex_at_216.194.70.5>
Date: 04/09/03
 Hello to all,
This is my first message here but i=B4m a passive keitai-l subscriber sinc=
e a
few months=2E My english is everything else but perfect, so i hope that=B4=
s no
problem=2E ;-)
I=B4m from Germany and i wrote this mail because of the marketing-strategy=

for the e-plus i-mode service and the Nokia 3650=2E I was very surprised t=
see the Nokia 3650 on the i-mode website of e-plus:

http://www2=2Eeplus-imode=2Ede/1/de/html/pub/marketing/start_fs=2Ehtml?pag=
e=3D3_hand
y/3_2_highlights_nokia=2Ehtml
(in german only)

The e-plus marketing say the Nokia 3650 is an i-mode handset! But Nokia
itself say it=B4s a Wap2=2E0 phone:

http://nokia=2Ecom/nokia/0,5184,2275,00=2Ehtml

So i=B4ve asked the hotline of e-plus and it IS a Wap2=2E0 phone but: "Wap=
2=2E0
is compatible to i-mode!" - I can=B4t belive it!! OK, the XHTML of Wap2=2E=
0 may
have much in commen with cHTML/iHTML but it=B4s not the same=2E=2E=2E
And the Nokia 3650 don=B4t support all i-mode features like emoticons or
(i-mode compatible) ringtones or imail(!) - it only supports normal email
but there is no push-function! And the Java impementation isn=B4t i-apply =
but
MIDP 1=2E0 and there is no i-menu key on the phone=2E=2E=2E

I think it=B4s a major mistake by e-plus to market the Nokia 3650 as an
i-mode phone! It don=B4t realy works with i-mode, it=B4s a Wap phone! A No=
kia
3650 with i-mode has NO advantage to a 3650 with VodafoneLive or t-zones!

This can be negative to the reputation of i-mode in Germany! What=B4s your=

opinion?

Simon Kringe=2E

mail2web - =DCberpr=FCfen Sie Ihre E-Mail =FCber das Internet bei
http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E