(keitai-l) Re: e-plus: Wap2.0 compatible to i-mode!

From: <sk_at_grex.cjb.net>
Date: 04/10/03
It's no mistake to bring out i-mode on Nokia or Siemens phones, in opposite! But the 3650 don't support i-mode itself and that's the real problem! It generates error-messages with i-mode and i guess since the same phone works well with VodafoneLife or t-zones the very most customers will think that's a problem of i-mode itself.

The Siemens S55 is a very different case. This will be a REAL i-mode phone if it's available. But it is already available - with Wap1.2.1 - and so i think it should have an other name like s55i elsewhere it's a bit confusing. (but that's only a marketing-problem...)

Well, i would say e-plus make a mistake to sell the 3650 as an i-mode phone without a software that REALLY supports i-mode (that's easy to install, it's a smartphone...) and even bigger the success of the 3650 with i-mode is, even bigger the mistake !