(keitai-l) Re: SmartPhones will kill consumer PDAs?

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 04/23/03
Mercoled=EC, 23 apr 2003, alle 09:53 Europe/Rome, Gerhard Fasol ha=20
scritto:

> Giovanni Bertani wrote:
>>
>> I suppose the P2P sharing is not a big issue in Japan as PC usage=20
>> and=3D20
>> broadband has a lower penetration than EU and US.
>
> I don't agree that PC usage and Broadband has a lower penetration in
> Japan than in EU and USA.
>
> That was true a couple of years ago, it's difficult to measure
> accurately, but my guess is that today PC usage and
> broadband penetration in Japan is higher than in the EU on
> average.
> PC usage in the US is probably somewhat higher than in Japan,
> but broadband penetration is almost certainly higher in Japan
> than in US.
>
> Gerhard

So I suppose that also P2P has a high penetration as here in Europe. In=20=

a meeting Telecom Italy has given a us some numbers and P2P is close to=20=

the 80% of the broadband ADSL traffic generated.

Is there any action against P2P in Japan?

Giovanni