(keitai-l) Re: J-SH53 announced on 4/24

From: tek1 <tek1_at_pobox.com>
Date: 04/25/03
It would take that much time only the *FIRST* time you download the
application.  After that, starting the program should be very quick.  Also,
considering that Java apps contain all the GUI code (in the first
download), when actually using the application, only pure data is sent back
and forth between your phone and the service/server that you are connecting
to.  This is a significant advantage over c/HTML, which sends all the tags
on how to display the data with each request, which could easily wind up
costing you much more in the long-run than the Java app.

As a Java developer, I am very happy about this announcement.  Vodaphone is
going to have much better Java applications and blow the socks off of
DoCoMo, who (for an unknown reason) kept the Java application size for the
new 505i's at 30k (same as the 504i's...).  Vodaphone has my vote and I
will be developing for them first.