(keitai-l) Re: J-SH53 announced on 4/24

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 04/28/03
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:

Business systems, I don't know. But there is a whole class of consumer who
will simply refuse to use pda unless:

1) the input method is speech based.  (lots of luverly cpu cycles...)

2) The pda does what they want it to do, not what they tell it to do
(which means it comes back with intelligent queries when they tell it to
do something daft)

i.e, some kind of "intelligence". (lots of luverly cpu cycles...)

Keitai-l users may find pda indispensable, but then I bet a significant
number of people on this list would have slight difficulty writing a
handwritten letter, so used are we all to typing. For many potential users
of pda, the hassle of typing, poking, pressing buttons and so on is a bit
too much. Yet those same people use keitai - albeit only the basic
features.

Some people will go to the mountain. A large group, however, demand the
mountain be brought to them. And that DOES need far faster processors,
more memory, etc etc.

Nick