(keitai-l) Re: SMS and URLs

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/08/03
> Actually my question was aimed at how operators can move users from SMS
> messages to browser-based services like WAP or i-mode in Europe. Can
> european operators use "WAP push" to move users from SMS to WAP sites and
> their WAP portals? Similarly can european supporters of i-mode use an
> i-mode form of "WAP push" to move users from SMS to i-mode? I believe these
> questions have implications for competition between i-mode and SMS and
> implications for how european operators will eventually move from SMS to
> some form of browser-based service.

Hm, I am not sure I understand your question...SMS can not get
replaced with browser services...if my friend sends me an SMS,
I can reply. That's user generated content and you don't need any
kind of browser interface for it.

The same in Japan, if somebody sends me email, I can reply.
No browser interface necessary.

Can you try to rephrase your question?

Thanks,

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp