(keitai-l) Re: i-mode subscribers vs Vodafone Live! in EU

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 05/12/03

> KPN has just released the i-mode subscriber numbers as of March 31,
> 2003.
>
> KPN Mobile (Netherlands): 137,000 i-mode subs out of 4,908,000 mobile
> subscribers
>
> E-Plus (Germany): 140,000 i-mode subs out of 7,446,000 mobile
> subscribers
>
> Base (Belgium): 8,000 i-mode subs out of 1,131,000 mobile subscribers.

> And for Bouygues (France) that's 161,000 i-mode subs (since launch the
> 15
> th of november)

Numbers are quiet impressive.

It could be interesting to see a comparison for the user base
penetration
between i-mode and Vodafone in EU to see if i-mode is more succesful
than Vodafone Live!

Has anybody the Vodafone  subscribers numbers of Germany,
Uk and Italy ? Here are the Vodafone live! numbers:

Customers by 31 March 2003.  Launched on 24 October 2002:

Germany over 375,000

Italy 190,000

UK 220,000

The press release states:

Vodafone also has an additional 420,000 customers in these markets
that now own a MMS capable device*.

* Defined as a device with the capability to send and receive MMS

Go to : www.vodafone.com under group news

Also interesting is that 3  in the first month has opened 40.000
contracts
in Italy and just 10.000 in Uk. If we compare this to Vodafone's numbers
looks like that 3 contracts are interesting to the italians more because
of the flat-rate than for the services as the italian users seams to be
less
interested in the mobile content services...

Cheers

Giovanni