(keitai-l) Re: docomo closing the garden gate?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 05/12/03
Joshua, why don't you just ask DoCoMo directly about this?

Gerhard

Joshua_at_ltl-j.com wrote:
> My Japanese colleague is asking me explain of the impact on our marketting
> plans, of Docomo's announcement that they will start selling handsets with
> free-sites web browsing optionally turned off. (That is users will only be
> able to view 'official' i-mode sites and will not be able to input URLs or
> even follow links to URL's contained in emails).  The impact will of
> course depend on how "optional" this option really is, how the sales
> people are trained to push it and how easy the customer can reset the
> option themselves.  It could be potentially very damaging to the "free"
> mobile net.
>
> Trouble is I have yet to come across the this announcement.  Anyone know
> what I'm talking about?  Have any opinions or insights?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Joshua Bearden,
> *Former WirelessBusiness Development Manager
> World Family K.K.
>
> This mail was sent to address fasol_at_eurotechnology.com

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html