(keitai-l) Re: AW: Re: i-mode subscribers numbers Q1 2003

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 05/13/03
//  From: keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
//  [mailto:keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net]On Behalf Of Christian Vollmann
//
//  Conclusion: Even with the most advanced service line-up, i-mode
//  will never
//  take off in Europe if they continue to offer only CRAP handsets.

Hasn't ePlus been offering an 'i-mode compatible' 3650 for a few months now?
I heard it was retailing for 50EU. Which means who on earth would buy the
NEC given they can get a phone with camera, java, Nokia logo for half the
price? even if it is bulky.

Although basically it isn't i-Mode compatible at all, unless everyone
rewrites their sites in xHTML.
Maybe Nokia chose to make a tactical handset subsidy here... hehe.

/dc

//
//  Christian
//