(keitai-l) Re: earthquake, but no noopie

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 05/27/03
On Mon, 26 May 2003, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> (Though that doesn't stop people treating decibels as units.)

Most people, when talking about "decibels" in everyday use, are talking
about dbA, which are units. (They're directly convertable to Pascals.)

The ones you look at on the meters on your tape machine are also units:
dbM (convertable to millivolts and whatever you use to measure the
magnetic strength on tape. (I have, thank god, switched to hard disk
digital recording and forgotten most everything I know about tape
recorders.)

cjs