(keitai-l) Re: D505i

From: Tom <tom_at_qcast.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 05/27/03
From: Reto Grob <rgrob@klab.org>

:
: Hi Nick,
:
: > >> They are too stonking heavy.
: > >
: :
: Yes. I think so too. And not many people can foresee correctly which
: feature actually is going to open a new interesting market. That is
why
: many makers are trying out new stuff - and the mobile phone they
think
: is a great toy to test.
:
: In 505 we already have tests for
: - OLE technology
: - fingerprint technology
: - barcode reader technology
: - 3d screen technology
: - high-res digital camera
:
: Are some of those needed/successful or not?  Maybe not. And I doubt
: about some of them too. The market will decide.
:
: > Phones will slim down a little as the  hardware becomes
commodotized -
: > but unless there is a really incentive to get them REALLY slim, it
won't happen.
:
: Yups. I agree.
:
: Let's say Sony tries the SUICA in their phones. This may make the
phone
: bigger at first. But they do not yet know if this would be a success
or
: not.  So, at first the phone may be big. But in case everybody likes
it,
: they would spend the effort to make it smaller.
:
: > REAL Geeks like elegant design, things that are good at the jobs
they do
: > - not - well - the latest crop have all the elegance of EMACS!
:
: Yeah. Maybe some geeks on this world will at one time work together
with
: a manufacturer to make a really stylish useful fun phone. It is a
far
: way but it will come, I am confident.
:
: