(keitai-l) DoCoMo's 3.5g and 4g spectrum? Trials announcement

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 05/28/03
Looks like they are working on 3.5g and 4g trials parallel.

Anyone knows the spectrum used by 3.5G and 4G tests
by DoCoMo?

As far as I know is a much wider spectrum
that 2.5g and 3g networks and this could prove
to be a problem in the future.

Anyway 3g in expected reach maturity in Japan by 2005-2006
i do not know if makes any sense (For US) in considering 4g
right now...

Here is Ntt DoCoMo press:

NTT DoCoMo to Conduct Field Trial of 4G Mobile
Communications

TOKYO, JAPAN, May 28, 2003 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc.
announced today plans for a field trial of a fourth-
generation (4G) mobile communications system in
Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture, where a DoCoMo
R&D center is located.

DoCoMo has been conducting research on 4G mobile
communications technology since 1998. In indoor
experiments announced last October, DoCoMo's
4G system demonstrated maximum information
bit rates of 100 Mbps for the downlink and 20 Mbps
for the uplink.

The field trial announced today is DoCoMo's next step
toward the development of practical 4G technologies,
as well as a further contribution by the company toward
the establishment of a 4G global standard, which is now
being discussed by the International Telecommunication
Union's Radiocommunication Sector. (ITU-R).

DoCoMo will evaluate the following high-speed
  transmissions technologies during the field trial:

	Effective packet transmission methods
	Adaptive modulation and channel coding scheme
	Adaptive retransmission control
	Adaptive beam forming based on predicted direction of arrival

http://www.nttdocomo.com