(keitai-l) Re: Usability on Japanese phones

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/14/03
I agree, Juergen, I find the interface of the D2101V very strange to
say the least. Of course possible to learn with the book, but very
strange and counter intuitive.

It's better however than the DoCoMo-mobile which I had in
1995: for that you had to remember all the number combinations
to get at the functions: e.g. you type in 93 followed by
43 and followed by 22 to change the
password (or something similar),
or you type in 67 followed by 48 and followed by
12 to access the phone book, and
the only place you could find these numbers was in a thick
manual...

Gerhard

Juergen Specht wrote:
> Hm, the worst phone and interface I *ever* saw (and I saw lots) is the
> Mitsubishi D2101V FOMA phone.

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html