(keitai-l) Re: Usability on Japanese phones

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 06/16/03
Hi,

I agree with you - I have been living in Japan for several years. Last year
I went to Australia and I found the non-Japanese phone that I bought there
very difficult to use initially. On the other side, I usually have no big
problems with using (new) phones in Japan, even without studying the manual
extensively.

Besides cultural factors, it may also depend on what people are used to (=
me to Japanese phones due to my stay in Japan), and therefore what they
experienced, and expect and assume in terms of UI and functionality.

Andrea