(keitai-l) Re: Three and other Video

From: Erik Hörnfeldt <erik_at_hornfeldt.se>
Date: 06/18/03
On 17 Jun 2003 at 11:03, Tom Hume wrote:

> Is 3GP the same codec that the Hantro player on the Nokia 3650 uses?
>
>  From what I've seen, video content on 3 seems higher quality than
>  what
> typically gets recorded on 3650s. Is it a different codec, or just
> higher bitrate?

By choosing between different transcoders, framerates, bitrates,
profiles etc etc you can tweak very good experiences out of your 3G
videos. But its very much a hands-on art at the moment.

Its a bit like the LordofTheRings and TwoTowers trailers that's
aviable on the web. They were optimised for web use by the same
people who developed QuickTime and are a showcase for what can be
delivered if you really know what you are doing.

Yrs

Erik H