(keitai-l) Re: Usability on Japanese phones

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 06/18/03
Kyle Barrow wrote:
> I think familiarity is all that makes current mobiles usable and
> unfortunately, familiarity as opposed to good usability is not just
> confined to mobile devices:

Agreed. In many cases true "interaction design" isn't really in there
IMHO - things just have happened at some stage in the past and old paths
have been paved. (Compare with how you drive a car - the wheel is fairly
logical, but most of the rest just seems to have been "standardized".)

> how many of you will shutdown your computer
> today by pressing the "start" button? ;)

Just about all Ericsson phones are turned on my pressing the "No"/Red
button - how's that for a positive start?

			/ Jonas
-- =

Jonas Petersson |  XMS Penvision  | mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Holmbrogr=E4nd 1, S-600 03 Norrk=F6ping | http://www.xms.se/
Tel: +46 (0)11 244805 | Fax: +46 (0)11 244809