(keitai-l) keitai culture in japan

From: Marcela Christina Musgrove Ch. <marcela_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 06/19/03
Konnichiwa. I've been lurking on the list for several weeks now and was
especially interested in the usability and mobile phones discussion last week.
I am a graduate student in human-computer interaction at Georgia Tech currently
doing a workshop in Japanese culture. I am trying to do some ethnographic
fieldwork on keitais and how they are used, but while I have had no problems
finding background information(probably too much at this point), have had
trouble focusing the rest of my project, especially since I can't speak
Japanese. Don't know if anyone can offer suggestions or insight on doing
fieldwork or how they themselves have seen the keitai affect Japanese culture.
Any help is appreciated...thanks!
Marcela Musgrove