(keitai-l) Re: photo intercompatibility between J-phone/au/docomo (key: kddi, png, compatibility, vodafone, Summer 2003)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/23/03
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Dirk R$Bv(Bsler wrote:

> On Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003, at 15:26 Asia/Tokyo, Curt Sampson wrote:
>
> > And now that they've passed that new law, recently, it could be very,
> > very dangerous to send pictures that get intercepted.
>
> Can you elaborate please

It was mentioned here before; as Mainichi Shimbun's Waiwai column
describes it in a translation from _Weekly Playboy_:

    Not only would it be illegal for girls to solicit sex, those under
    18 would be outlawed from posting on Internet bulletin boards and
    providers for both mobile phones and desktop computers fined if used
    to promote exchanges between teen-age tarts and their customers.
    Offenders face a fine of up to 1 million yen.

Photos sent through these sites could be collected and used as evidence.
Or even in cases where the activites are legal, they might make good
blackmail material.

cjs