(keitai-l) Re: Foma now more than 500.000 users

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 08/02/03
Venerd=EC, 1 ago 2003, alle 17:11 Europe/Rome, Benedict Evans ha =
scritto:

> That's actually the number as of end june. The chart I've linked below
> puts some perspective on it, though - look what's happened now they've
> got decent handsets. 3's problem is they're still using=20
> '1st-generation'
> 3G handsets - in fact people are taking the 3 USIM out and putting =
them
> into 2G (i.e.GSM) handsets to get the 3 pricing without carrying a=20
> brick
> around.

Hi Benedict

By this week in Italy you will be obliged to use their "brick" phone as=20=

the
3 network will be accepting only UMTS phones.

As I use 3 this is not good news for me as I was using a 3650 with thirs
USIM...

I do not about UK.

Also... In Italy they are giving for free a second phone to any "top=20
privilege" subscriber
(The original launch contract that includes phone rental) if you buy a=20=

30 =80 USIM card.

If you buy a new phone with prepaid they give you a second for free.

The delivery of the phone for this offers have been postponed till=20
September
as the Nec infamous bricks e606, e808, e808Y seam to be in end of life=20=

for
leaving space to new models (Hopefully 2nd generation with better=20
software
like Nokias...).

> =
http://www.nttdocomo.com/current_information/images/chart_growth_08.gif

Thanks.

Ciao

Giovanni

giovanni bertani   mobile vas consultant and analyst
exsense verona italy=20
  =20=