(keitai-l) Cheap petrol though a WAP site

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 08/11/03
I think someone was commenting recently about lack of truly useful LBS
services. Here is one of the best ones I've heard about (for those in
Austria that is).

T-Mobile Austria has launched a WAP service that enables users to find the
cheapest petrol supplier to their physical location. The application was
developed by T-Mobile Austria in co-operation with the ÖAMTC (the Austrian
Automobile Association) and the service provider for Location Based
Services, t-info.

The filling stations are listed in order of fuel price to enable users to
identify at a glance which filling station is offering each grade at the
lowest price.

“With our Multimedia Services t-zones we want to provide our customers with
a platform which offers information, entertainment and service“, explains
Dr. Georg Pölzl, Chairman of the Board of Management of T-Mobile Austria,
“Our aim is to assist our customers in their daily lives. This new
application is a further step in this direction“. This information can
either be requested automatically via Location Based Services (LBS) or can
be requested by means of manual input of location and ZIP code (i.e. postal
code).

The contents are delivered and updated on a continuous basis by the ÖAMTC.
Apart from the usual WAP and GPRS charges for data transmission, no
additional costs are incurred.