(keitai-l) Re: Cheap petrol though a WAP site

From: Philip Sidel <psidel_at_iuj.ac.jp>
Date: 08/12/03
Michael,

Thanks for posting this.  Like most other services I've seen like this, the=
=20
underlying idea sounds appealing, but... what's the business model=20
here?  To me, it sounds like an incredible investment to populate this=20
database on a regular (daily?) basis.  If it's not complete and accurate,=20
consumers will quickly ignore it.  And specifically, where is the revenue=20
coming from?

LBS is filled with great ideas, but I've yet to see anyone show me a=20
profitable business model.  It would be great if someone on this list would=
=20
prove me wrong...

--Philip

At 11:05 AM 8/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>I think someone was commenting recently about lack of truly useful LBS
>services. Here is one of the best ones I've heard about (for those in
>Austria that is).
>
>T-Mobile Austria has launched a WAP service that enables users to find the
>cheapest petrol supplier to their physical location. The application was
>developed by T-Mobile Austria in co-operation with the =D6AMTC (the=
 Austrian