(keitai-l) Re: Sharp GX20

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 08/20/03
Benedict Evans wrote:
> Nokia still doesn't have any decent consumer camera phones - nor have
> they announced any.

I guess that depends on your definition of "decent". The 3650 certainly
shoots (comparatively) excellent pictures at a good price, IMHO. Of
course the joystick s*cks and the cover is tacky, but after all it is
aimed at the consumer kids (aka skaters). Last I heard it didn't sell
all that brilliantly, though.

Johan Bengtsson wrote:
> The amount of SMS and MMS I send droped sharply
> when I switched from Nokia 7650 to SE 610 and SE 610 isn't that bad.

Well, I can tell you roughly what I've used my 7650 for:

* Voice calls: *NONE* (it's a phone, right?)
* Camera: About an hour.
* Testing various applications: about a week or so.
* As BlueTooth gateway: Just for Nokia Pen testing. Should be more soon!
* SMS: About 10.
* MMS: *1*
* WAP/Mail etc: About an hour.
* Games: *LOTS* (mostly Lines and Tetris)

It seems that Nokia going for Sega.com makes sense!

Still, I think the 7650 is quite decent as such. (Note: As mentioned
earlier, I also have a 9210 which I use for SMS/mail/voice/ssh/etc)

			/ Jonas
-- =

Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, V=E4stg=F6tegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrk=F6ping | http://www.xms.se=
/
Tel: +46 11 400 13 00 | Dir: +46 11 400 13 05 | Fax: +46 11 10 30 50