(keitai-l) Re: Creating new DoJa UI Components

From: J. David Beutel <jdb_at_getsu.com>
Date: 09/18/03
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Sam Joseph wrote:

> I'm sure that the reason they have limited GUI components was to handle
> size restrictions on the 503s, but to prevent extendibility?  Well seems
> to me the only reason can be that they want to make it difficult for
> different GUIs to be presented, i.e. they want a TextBox to always have
> the same functionality that they have decided so as not to confuse the
> users.

I extended AWT a long time ago (before Swing).  One big limitation was
that many AWT classes are just proxies for native components.  In many
ways, they can't be extended.  It's not just a matter of access level.
That was the price for the required speed and size.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DoJa UI uses native components too.

11011011