(keitai-l) Re: SIM and J2ME

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/24/03
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Chris Wooldridge wrote:

> I can't place a call unless I have a network, so it does not
> really matter if my phone book is stored in the network itself.

It matters to me. If I'm underground, and without network connectivity,
I need my phonebook to get the number so I can use a payphone.

I can't really think of much that you could leave on the server.
There's got to be a fairly full-featured e-mail client on the handset,
for example, so that you can read and compose e-mail without network
connectivity. By the time you're getting to this point, there's so much
code on the handset that I don't see much reason to leave any of it out.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org