(keitai-l) F505i Undocumented Features

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/26/03
Well, I'm pleased to have discovered an interesting and completely
undocumented feature of the mail folder sorting in the F505i: you can
sort on domains. Just put in, say, "@nooper.com" as the sort key, and
all your noopies will go into a special noopie folder. This saved me the
trouble of doing some header rewriting on my mail server.

Even more interesting are these excerpts from the manual section for
troubleshooting (page 619):

    Condition: A battery mark not shown in the manual is displayed.

    Points to check: A secret function is activated. To display the
    original mark, press <phone book>, select "Name-reading?", and press
    <i>. Input "2*9=18" and press <i>.

    Condition: The menu displays not found in the operation manual are
    adding.

    Points to check: Hidden images are displayed. This is not a
    malfunction, so please continue to use it just as it is.
    * How to increase hidden images. Press <phone book>, select
    "Name-reading", and press <i> Input "4*4=16" and press <i>.

Hmmm....

Entering "2*9=18" prints "Special mode set," and the third battery mark
choice changes from a bowl of shaved ice that gets smaller to a chunk of
meat that gets eaten to the bone. I've not seen anything special for the
"4*4=16" mode yet, though it also printed "special mode set."

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org