(keitai-l) Re: 257 screenshots: Japan-only fun?

From: James Finn <jhf_at_hellonetwork.com>
Date: 09/28/03
Also, at least in the US, Sprint PCS has done a very nice job in getting
cool java apps to market that work on phones that range between free and 200
dollars.

All of the handsets are color and run a custom version of Java. The
interesting thing is they have had 2.1 million subs sign up in 2 quarters,
not exactly kddi speed but pretty impressive for the US.

Including a multimedia service all in Java that runs on all of their
devices.
http://www3.sprint.com/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/0,3681,1111743,00
.html

Sprint and RealNetworks Bring Comprehensive, Brand-Name Mobile Streaming
Multimedia Service to PCS Vision Customers Nationwide

Customers can watch and hear the latest news, sports and entertainment
updates from top brands such as ABC News, CBS MarketWatch, FOX Sports, NPR
News, Sporting News Radio and The Weather Channel ®

Jamie