(keitai-l) Re: J2ME on Japanese phones

From: Steve Oldmeadow <steve_at_smoco.com>
Date: 10/06/03
On 4 Oct 2003 at 12:31, Bob Wood wrote:

> I've had people on J-Phone try, and the phone seems to not know what to do
> with the JAD file type (I have the correct MIME type set).

My understanding is J-Phone control the content that is accessible to subscribers
and that you need to become a J-Phone partner to make content available.  If you
look at the APIs exposed via the JSCL you can understand why they do this as you
can access the user's contacts, send e-mail, make phone calls and all sorts of other
wonderful things.  I needn't elaborate on how all this could be used by a malicious
midlet.

However, your case is a perfect example of how the consumer ultimately loses out.

Steve Oldmeadow