(keitai-l) Japanese pre-paid handsets

From: Matthew Laurenson <matthew_at_laurenson.name>
Date: 10/07/03
Nick

> Can anyone point me to the best deals on Japanese pre-paid handsets?
>
> I want something to which I can re-direct one of my office numbers to
> Japanese speaking staff. So mainly incoming calls, with
> outgoing calls
> that do not "expire" quickly.
>
> It is for voice use only, nothing fancy.

I use a humble Tuka "Pretty Card" phone (oh, the shame of it).

The phone cost 4,800 yen from a convenience store a few years ago.

Cards costs 3000 yen, are readily available from most convenience
stores, and give you three months of receiving calls, and up to two
months of making them (outgoing calls quickly consume the card's value).

Has ez-web and sky message, which I rarely use.

Seemed the cheapest option at the time for the kind of use you describe.

Regards
Matthew