(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Alliance

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 10/08/03
On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 13:36, Nick May wrote:

> > Yes, we have.
> well go on - don't keep us all in suspense.....!
> What IS the cost differential?

As for any other software project, we reckon writing the code is 20-30%
of the effort (that's not just markup, but back-end stuff too). We tend
to put more into paper prototypes of the app, interaction design and
testing with realistic users than we would for a web project (because
mobile's more mass market, at least here in the UK).

My estimate: writing markup is 5-10% of the effort.

> > Err yes, that's *exactly* what I was suggesting. All WAP apps to be
> > coded in assembly (or something equally meaningless).
> You rather missed the point of the analogy didn't you...?!

Apologies, that was unnecessarily snappy of me :(

--
Future Platforms Ltd.
www.futureplatforms.com