(keitai-l) Re: The end of the J-Phone brand

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/14/03
although "J" is the first letter of "Japan", it was really for JR,
or Japan Railway Telecom.  there might have been better names than
the flat "J-Phone", but it is the name that I loved most in the past
several years.

since JR faded out of the picture, there is no reason the "J-Phone"
brand should not (will be very strange if otherwise).

I truly hoped Vodafone would have at least left the name "Sky" in,
for example, "Vodafone Sky!" or something.  the Sky Project will
be remembered as a more influential development in the history of
wireless data services than i-mode.  it's the fashion leader of
wireless messaging in Japan, and defined Java games (JSCL) and MMS
(Sha-Mail) to show the world the future of wireless data services.

btw, both J-Phone and au/KDDI are actually very like foreign operators:

they both use the main stream WAP technology, and they both concentrate

on a handful of close partners than just any content providers, etc.,
and they are the ones who lead the trend in the domestic market.

good news for foreign operators