(keitai-l) Re: KDDI Brew change

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10/23/03
Hi Matthew

Yes this is relatively old news. KDDI's Java performance was never anything
to write home about, and for a while KDDI was supporting 2 platforms, so in
my opinion it was just a matter of time for KDDI to make the (right?)
decision. Probably saves them some Java licensing fees since as I understand
it, BREW basically comes for free on the CDMA chipset. Whether BREW uptake
becomes significant is the gamble KDDI is taking though, considering Java
developer base is broader than BREW currently - though they'll have to learn
BREW now obviously to roll out custom apps on AU.

Regards

Michael.