(keitai-l) Re: Nokia and Motorola to enter the Japanese market with Vodafone KK

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/03/03
From the article:

    The company had a bitter experience in losing subscribers after
    it reduced the number of the types of the handsets used for its
    service. Learning a lesson from the experience, it will prepare a
    wide variety of mobile phones for its third-generation (3G) service
    by introducing foreign-made handsets.

Ha, good luck! I don't think that bringing in foreign handsets that
don't even begin to compare to the Japanese ones is going to do any
good. How many of them will have QVGA, megapixel cameras, memory
cards, Java, and other cool features. Certainly the above (with the
exception of Java for the lower-end models) are now pretty much a
minimum requirement for a new phone these days, I think.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org