(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo's i-mode subs descreasing

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 12/12/03
I wonder if phones are really evolving faster in features
not strictly connected OTA operators services. The last
series 505 looks like competing more with digital
cameras than offering new mobile services.

As for PCs on mobiles we could come to a point
where innovation will be slower. Size constraints will
limit the screen size, resolution will be to the
maximum actually useful, rich user experience will
be limited by the time/context.

Under a financial point of view...
Loosing i-mode users in Japan is could be perceived as
not a very good sign for analysts and if not inverted could
bring bad press and negative effects on Ntt DoCoMo shares.

This also comes in a delicate moment  where i-mode is exposed
in Europe.

I think stress is coming up in DoCoMo offices so we will probably
see something interesting coming as an answer.

Giovanni Bertani
Mobile Vas Consultant