(keitai-l) Re: off the wall, larry...

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_cornell.edu>
Date: 01/18/04
    Well it seems overkill to me.  Since perl is like usually
used with server side programs, and phones are clients and
not servers.  Just use their web client program and
on your server you can use perl.... in other words,
you can use perl already!

    I don't see a need for it physically on the phone at all.

    My point is "if you use duct tape on a cell phone,
you can't see the screen press the buttons, or talk to
a person without taking off the duct tape first!"

    Personally... so far I've use perl for nothing because there
are so many languages out there and I've never
had as project where perl would provide a better or faster solution.
But.... programs I use are sometimes written in perl... well at least
Bugzilla is.