(keitai-l) Re: VGS and V801SA battery life

From: D. Dimitrov <dimiter_at_blue-edge.bg>
Date: 01/21/04
Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com wrote:

>I also had it in a basement
>restaurant the other day, switched on with no signal so constantly
>searching I presume, and it survived and I could even use it for email on
>the train on the way home.

In fact when there isn't any signal, the handset doesn't consume more
power than under best conditions. It just waits and listens, once a
signal appears, it 'handshakes' at full power and then gradualy
decreases the power level to the optimum (you would see it as growing
coverage-bar)

The worst case is when you have signal strength that barely covers the
minimum - then the handset has to constantly transmit at full power. I'm
not sure if you can emulate these conditions.

-- dimiter